Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Recipe 45:Mrs Colangelos Brownies (cookies/Brownies)

MRS COLANGELOS BROWNIES        
Growing up in the 40s and 50s in Flint MI, my dad had a neighbor named Mrs Colangelo. This woman was the epitome of everything a good Italian woman should be.  She made THE BEST COOKIES AND BROWNIES ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH (according to my dad).
To this day, at almost 70, my dad STILL talks about Mrs Colangelo and her baked goods.
I found this recipe in my grandmothers recipe box. My dad doesnt know I have the recipe.  I think for his birthday in March, I may make up a batch of these famous brownies and see if he has a flashback.


1/3 cup crisco
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 squares baking chocolate
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup nuts

melt chocolate over double broiler (I just microwave in pyrex)
combine all ingredients.
Bake at 325 until done through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!