Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recipe 33: BBQ Chicken Pizza (Main Course)

My mom first made this pizza when I was in High School.  I like pizza, though I wouldnt say I am a huge fan of it.  When someone asks "What do you want to eat", Pizza is never the first thought into my brain.  I REALLY have to be craving pizza to eat it. I used to LOVE pizza. Love. Love. Love.  But as I have gotten older I find the appeal has worn off.  I dont know why.  When I do get oin the mood for it, I really enjoy it.
This pizza, on the other hand, is one I could eat every day.  Not your typical tomato sauce and mozerella pizza.  BBQ chicken and fresh veggies make it absolutely delicious.
This is one of those recipes that are just so good, and easy.  And you save a few bucks by making it instead of delivery.


THE RECIPE:
1 can of pizza dough.
Roll out on a greased cookie sheet, bringing it to the edges.  Bake at 350 for just a few minutes to get some of the "soggy" out. This will keep your pizza from being soggy when you bake it.
After removing the dough from the oven, crank it up to 425.

the toppings:

3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese, sprinkled evenly over the pizza dough.

3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped/diced. (about 2 cups or so)
1/2 cup barbeque sauce. I like sweet baby rays.
Mix the sauce and the diced chicken together, making sure the chicken is coated evenly.
spread evenly over the cheesed up pizza dough.

1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced

spread these veggies over the chicken pizza.

Sprinkle another 3/4 cups shredded colby jack cheese over the top of everything.

Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until everything is cooked and pizza dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Sometimes I add mushrooms or red bell pepper to liven it up a bit...whew, I'm feelin Craaaaazzzzyyyyy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!