Wednesday, July 21, 2010

recipe 6: FRUIT AND BROWNIE DESSERT (dessert/Just for fun)

SOURCE:  I first had this recipe right before I got married.  Charles and I were at my parents house in North Carolina, visiting them for the Memorial Day Weekend. My  mom had made these for a cookout, and they were so good I asked her to make them for my bridal shower. As we fought to lick the pan clean I realized this was one for THE BINDER.  I pormptly went home and I made them again for a party a week later.
I pull these out every now and again, and I always forget just how good they really are.  Yes i didnt have time to purchase this stock photo, so now you know.

DISCLAIMER: My mom had originally gotten this recipe out of a "healthy" magazine, and the directions called for fat -free cool whip and skim milk, and to make the brownies with applesauce instead of oil.  Sure, it was good, but after tweaking it and putting everything the way it SHOULD be (this is FO, who needs fat free??) these are GREAT.  A small list of why I love these:
1. SUPER EASY.  On a scale of 1 to 5, these are like a 2 1/2 on the difficulty factor.
2. SUPER TASTY- I mean it is brownies. Doesnt get much tastier than that
3. SOMEWHAT HEALTHY- It has fruit on it...so it is kind of like diet food, right?? (no, no it's not)


BROWNIE AND FRUIT DESSERT

1 box of your favorite brownie mix.  Prepare according to directions. bake in a 9x13 pan.
 After baking, cool.

In a bowl combine:
1 box instant vanilla pudding (small box, not the huge family size box)
1/2 the milk the pudding box says on the directions. (if the box says 2, just put in 1. Pretty simple huh?)
8oz tub cool whip, thawed.


Mix this together well.  Spread evenly over the top of the cooled brownies.

Now on top of this add slices of  strawberries and bananas.
refrigerate about an hour before serving.
REFRIGERATE ANY LEFTOVERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!