Monday, July 26, 2010

Recipe 9: VEGGIE PIZZAS (appetizer)

SOURCE:  This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Sue.  She is one of the best cooks I know as well. She never skimps, never substitutes for anything healthy and uses  a deadly amount of butter and mayonnaise when she cooks.  she is my kind of woman! She is also in her 70s and healthy as a horse!  everything in Moderation, my friends.
She made these for one of our family reunions.  I took one bite and almost absconded with the entire platter to the bathroom to stuff my face in solitude.

These are GREAT for kids to make as well.  If they help you decide the vegetables and help you arrange them on the pizza they may be a little more likely to eat them!  Plus the ranch "sauce" makes them really delicious. 

THE RECIPE:

2 packages of Crescent rolls, pressed into a cookie sheet like a crust.  Bake according to tube directions and cool.

In a bowl mix until smooth:
3/4 cup Miracle Whip (NOT MAYO...gasp, what?? a recipe without mayo??)
16 oz softened cream cheese
1 envelope of Dry ranch dressing mix.

Spread this onto your cooled crescent roll "pizza dough".

Now over this, put  any combination of vegetables. She uses Sliced Green and red Bell Peppers, Shredded carrots, finely chopped Broccoli, Halved Cherry Tomatoes, and Finely chopped Green Onions.

I have had them with snowpeas, mushrooms, cauliflower. Any vegetable can go well with this pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!