Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recipe 7: ORANGE JULIUS (Beverage/smoothie)

SOURCE:  I was about 7 years old and we went up to Michigan to visit family.  We stopped by an old friend of my mom and dads. He made us this drink and gave my mom the recipe.  I made it CONSTANTLY for years.  I havent made it in awhile, but now that I am putting this as a recipe, I think i may break out  my blender and have myself a refreshing Orange Julius.

This is NOT the same Orange Julius that they sell in the mall.  This is WAY better than their watered down version.

THE RECIPE: 

6oz Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate (it is about 1/2 a tube)
1 cup milk
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup white sugar (you can use up to 1/2 a cup if you prefer it sweeter)
1  tsp vanilla  (if using imitation vanilla, add an extra 1/2 tsp)
1 cup ice (about 10 cubes)

Add all ingredients and 1/2 the ice.  Blend for one minute.
Add remaining ice and blend for abother minute.

this makes enough for 4 people (1/2 cup servings)


If you do not have frozen OJ, you can use 12 oz regular orange juice and omit the water and add an extra cup of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!