Monday, August 2, 2010

Recipe 14: FRUIT DIPS (appetizer, kid friendly)

I think everyone has a recipe for fruit dip, but I just cant get enough of them.
I really do love fruit.  But what I love even better than that is fruit slathered with a delicious dip.
When I was a kid I HATED cream cheese. I dont know why, but I did.  One day we were at a friends house, and the wife pulled out a tray of chopped up fruit and a fruit dip.  It was so good.  When I found out what was in it, I couldnt believe it.  I had been eating cream cheese all along!  As I have matured, I realize that Cream Cheese is a gift from God and we should cherish it.  Over the years I have collected 3 FANTASTIC fruit dip recipes, all using cream cheese.
I pull these out as often as possible and rarely have leftovers.






RECIPE 14A: Strawberry Fluff Fruit Dip.
This is great for apples, pears, grapes, strawberries, bananas...or just eating it straight with a spoon.  Who am I to judge?? 

1 8oz pkg Strawberry Flavored Cream Cheese, softened
1 small jar Marshmallow Fluff
1/4 to 1/2 tsp  dry tang drink mix (optional)

Mix well.

---------------------------------

RECIPE 14B:  Plain Fruit Dip
Same as above recipe, but for people who like their dips a little more au natural.

1 8oz pkg plain cream cheese softened
1 small jar marshmallow fluff
1/2 tsp vanilla

mix well and serve with fruit of your choice

-----------------------------

RECIPE 14C:  Toffee Apple Dip
I got this recipe from my friend Lisa. This goes so wonderfully with apples, I am scared to try it with anything else.

1 8oz pacgake cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
beat well.  to this stir in gently
1 cup heath toffee chips.


ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Me Smile!